When it comes to finding a good artificial lighting to help your plants, of any kind, to grow, your best bet will be T5 fluorescent lighting, because T5 fixtures offer supreme light with low power consumption and a wide variety of options to choose from. One of these T5 light brands, that are reasonably priced and has a very good quality, is the Magnolia T5 fixtures.
These T5 fixtures are manufactured by a company by the name of Fluorogrow. They produce and distribute high end as well as budget fixtures that both are of spectacular quality. These Magnolia T5 fixtures are of their budget friendly line which means, that although they are affordable, they will still provide amazing light to your plants. The manufacturer itself is based in USA and these fixtures are an all US built product so they have a great quality. Thanks to the top grade parts and materials, this company can afford to produce not only great but durable and efficient products for their customers. And the years of experience and large amount of employees only show how big and great this company and their products are.
These Magnolia brand lights are available in three different sizes for customer to decide, which will be best for his or hers garden and plants. The majority of the features in these three models are the same, but there are a few key things that differ for each size of light.
- First similar feature that I need to mention is the aluminum housing that all of these lights have. It is lightweight and coated with such material that is rust resistant and wont accumulate a lot of heat. This means that you will get a fixture with the best possible housing that will protect the bulbs from any damage, but will be also very light and easy to handle.
- Next feature that is of great importance to any king of light is the reflector, because it ensures that emitted light travels to the plants and is not being lost. These particular lights are rigged with Miro4 reflectors that are one of the best reflectors out there. They ensure that more than 90% of light is reflected back to the plants and the light travels directly to the vegetation not somewhere else thanks to the increased precision in these reflectors.
- Also the ballast that is built in these fixtures are of advanced grade and is UL listed which means that it is sure to be of great quality as well as durable to any kind of power fluctuations and mishaps.
- The thing that is great about these fixtures in particular is that they are easy to hang up and they don’t require assembly. This means that they will be great for anyone – for a beginner as well as for an experienced gardener, because they are simple yet effective.
- Another great feature that only will ensure the quality of light you will get from this lamp is the fact, that these fixtures have specially designed bulb spacing to create the perfect distance from one another. This distance not only lessens the heat buildup but also creates better and more efficient lighting.
- A fact worth mentioning is also the high Color Rendering Index (CRI) that this light has. It is 82 and up, which means that under this light almost all object including the plants will show up in their true colors and the coloring won’t be distorted. That is great for any plant grower, because this will allow you to tell whether the plant is healthy or not without removing it from under the light.
- In addition to all the beneficial features all of the fixtures come with 6 foot power cord and include dual chain or cable hanging system, for easy mounting.
- 4 feet 4 bulb fixture – the dimensions of this T5 fixture are 48 inches in length, 8.5 inches in width and 3 inches in height (121.92 cm x 21.59 cm x 7.62 cm). It weighs only 7 pounds (3.17 kg). And the 216 watts that this light consumes are turned into 20,000 lumens of bright light.
- 4 feet 6 bulb fixture – the measurements of this light are 48 inches in length, 12.5 inches in width and 3 inches in height (121.92 cm x 31.75 cm x 7.62 cm). The weight of this T5 fixture is 10 lbs (4.53 kg). This light will chew up 324 watts per hour it is burned, but it will emit 30,000 lumens strong of a lights, that will greatly help your plants.
- 4 feet 8 bulb fixture – the dimensions of this T5 light are 48 inches in length, 16.25 inches in width and 3 inches in height (121.92 cm x 41.275 cm x 7.62 cm). This fixture weights 13 pounds (5.89 kg) and although it consumes 432 watts of power per hour, the initial lumen count it gives out is 40,000 lumens.